Ladies Race, Isles of Scilly, 1990
About this item
The ladies race during the World Pilot Gig Championships held on the Isles of Scilly. Pictured are St Mary’s (IOS) Gig Rowing Club’s Cornish Pilot Gig ‘Nornour’ built in 1971 by G Pearn of St Mary’s (IOS) and ‘Bonnet’ built in 1838 by the Peters family of St Mawes. This was originally on the Isles of Scilly but was purchased by Newquay Club in 1953 and later loaned back to them. In 1973 ‘Bonnet’ was sold back to the Islands.
Cornish Pilot Gig Association CIO
Isles of Scilly
CitationGibson, “Ladies Race, Isles of Scilly, 1990
,” cornishmemory.com, accessed June 26, 2019, http://cornishmemory.com/item/GIBS90_012.
This site is run by Azook CIC, a not-for-profit organisation. Please help us to expand and develop cornishmemory.com.
Metadata for this item is available in the following formats: