Ladies Race, Isles of Scilly, 1990

About this item

Description

The ladies race during the World Pilot Gig Championships held on the Isles of Scilly. St Mary’s (IOS) Cornish Pilot Gig ‘Bonnet’ built in 1838 by the Peters family of St Mawes. This was originally on the Isles of Scilly but was purchased by Newquay Club in 1953 and later loaned back to them. In 1973 ‘Bonnet’ was sold back to the Islands.

Creator

Gibson

Publisher

cornishmemory.com

Date

1990

Rights

Cornish Pilot Gig Association CIO

Format

Negative

Type

Still image

Identifier

GIBS90_014

Coverage

Isles of Scilly


Social Bookmarking



Collection

Gibson Collection




Citation
Gibson, “Ladies Race, Isles of Scilly, 1990
,” cornishmemory.com, accessed September 15, 2019, http://cornishmemory.com/item/GIBS90_014.
Support Us

This site is run by Azook CIC, a not-for-profit organisation. Please help us to expand and develop cornishmemory.com.



Follow Us

Follow us on Twitter


Geolocation


Item data

Metadata for this item is available in the following formats:

atom | dcmes-xml | json | omeka-xml